Hi! I'm Roni. I started this blog in April 2012 to document the process of making our first house a home, to share my life, DIY projects, recipes, and stories. I'm a simple girl, really. I'm married to my husband, James. We've been together nearly 10 years now, married for almost four. We have two beautiful children: Teagan, our daughter who is five going on 18; and Parker, our son who is three. We live in a beautiful suburb of North Houston and love it here. This is where I was born and I always intended on coming back here. Luckily, the hubby's job did just that. Brought me home.
I can sit here and say we live this perfect life but we don't. People assume we do because of our home, the place we live, the cars we drive but it's all an assumption. Don't get me wrong, we are blessed and we live an amazing life. But...we are simple not extravagant We are laid back and consider ourselves "normal". We have our ups and downs. Laughs and tears. Arguments and makeups. Hardships and achievements. And I am here to share all of that and then some... with YOU!
But here's the truth about me:
- I'm not a girly girl and I won't claim to be.
- I'm not your typical Stepford wife that Pinterest has made most housewives out to be. (Although I do love Pinterest)
- I don't have a 3ct ring and I don't want one.
- I don't care about expensive clothes or fancy things.
- I am the girl that wakes up and checks her computer (facebook, twitter, email, etc...) first thing in the morning before I even get out of bed.
- I am the girl that has "good ideas" that never actually happen.
- I'm the girl that owns a fancy camera and has no idea how to use it.
- I'm the girl that is creative and artistic but when it comes to documenting my creativity I cannot take a picture of it for the life of me.
- I am the girl that will repaint a room 5 times before I decide I like it.
- I am the girl that laughs rather than punishes when my child says, "Shit".
- I'm the girl that eats cereal for dinner.
- I'm the girl that lives in sweat pants and puts on makeup maybe 5 times a year.
- I'm the girl that never holds back and talks about whatever comes to mind.
- I'm the girl that placed a child for adoption when she was 17.
- I'm the girl that was also adopted at three days old.
- I'm the girl that let's my kids run around naked.
- I'm the girl that cleans more than necessary.
- I'm the girl that is absolutely OCD and proud of it.
- I'm the girl that will jump down someones throat if they offend me, my friends, or my family.
- I'm the girl that reads Twilight over and over and over.
- I'm the girl that openly loved 50 Shades of Grey.
- I, am Roni. The girl behind the blog.
This is my life, my family, my heart. I hope you enjoy the sneak peek into this crazy, hectic, non-stop, amazing journey that we call life.